Even the longest of relationships have their expiry date in some cases. Furthermore, it’s quite common when it comes to famous personalities and television stars. Jillian Michaels had a once big family not so long ago. And now, things have been entirely different after the divorce settlements with her lesbian partner, Heidi Rhoades.
Former Biggest Loser trainer Jillian was in a relationship with her partner for over a decade, but it all came down crashing recently in the beginning of this year. So, in this article, let’s have a look at Michael’s girlfriend, children, biography, and many more.
Caption: Jillian Michaels with her son and daughter
Who is Jillian Michaels?
The Biggest Loser star Jillian is an American trainer, author, television personality, and businesswoman. The daughter of Douglas McKarus and JoAnn grew up in Los Angeles but raised in Santa Monica. Talking about her childhood, she had a nightmare of traumatic events like suffering from verbal abuse and her parent’s divorce.
Despite the tragedies, Jillian made the headlines from her appearance on NBC’s The Biggest Loser. More than that, she appeared on the talk show named the Doctors. She is a woman having several occupations that once made her the host of a series called Sweat, Inc.
Also, Michaels had her own reality television series named Just Jillian, which made its premiere in January of 2016 in E!. As a personal trainer, she started a 90-day weight loss program called Body Resolution back in 2012. Since then, she has been a significant icon when it comes to hygiene and fitness.
Jillian Michaels Divorce with Heidi Rhoades
Jillian Michaels and her lesbian partner, Heidi Rhoades, started their relationship since the fall of 2009. The lesbian couple got engaged in 2016. It happened on the sets of the fitness guru’s reality show named Just Jillian.
The figured that they were better off being friends and co-parenting their children instead of continuing their complicated relationship. Two years after their engagement, the couple filed for the divorce proceedings. However, their divorce has finally been confirmed in recent times.
Jillian ended her domestic partnership with Heidi while they had to make a settlement regarding the custody of their two children. Both ladies are now single, but they have the responsibility to look after their two children as well.
Michaels had to pay a total of $2 million in child support as per the divorce agreement. Also, they have agreed to joint legal and physical custody of their children. Heidi has 60% of the time with their daughter and son, while Michaels has only the remaining 40%. Additionally, neither of them shall speak poorly of each other in the presence of their children. So, after all these years of being registered as domestic partners, the two ladies have finally gone their separate ways.
Jillian Michaels’s Daughter, Lukensia Michaels Rhoades
In a shocking sequence of events, Jillian adopted a daughter named Lukensia, the same week they had their baby boy in Los Angeles. Lukensia was two years old when she joined the family.
She was born in 2010 that makes her ten years old as of 2020. Jillian and Heidi adopted her from Haiti, for which they had to struggle a lot. The lesbian couple had some major hurdles when it came to the adoption of Lukensia. Now, she lives with her brother Phoneix and Heidi after the divorce in January of 2020.
Jillian Michaels and Heidi Rhoades son Phoenix Michaels Rhoades
Heidi Rhoades gave birth to their first on May 3 of 2012. The little boy is eight years old as of 2020. Jillian and Heidi have been registered as domestic partners for a long time, and they always wanted a family since the beginning of their relationship.
Well, this was an unexpected journey for the couple. Heidi was always the serious one when it comes to family, but Michaels was the one to begin the quest. Now, Phoenix lives with Heidi as per the divorce settlements.